The quietest man in the world becomes the protagonist of this bar fight

first_imgPhotograph of a bar. Image: iStock Internet is one of the best inventions in history. Thanks to him, our lifestyle has changed completely and especially when communicating, hence many social networks have appeared. Social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, have helped us greatly in communicating with the rest of society and that is why in our day to day, we always find a moment to share our things. A video of a fight in a bar went viralAn unperturbed man appears eating his kebabSocial networks signal their harmonious tranquilitycenter_img We upload photos and stories, show the music we are listening to at the moment or share news that we find interesting, among many other things, however when we do we are not aware of the popularity that a simple publication can get. When we share things we do it thinking that only our circle of acquaintances will receive it, however there are some publications that go viral and can make a person the center of all eyes.This was the case of Chris Hill, a 52-year-old man who became the protagonist of a video that has already traveled the world. This man was quietly eating a kebab and some fries in a restaurant where suddenly an aggressive fight began. Chris, instead of reacting to seeing this brutal scene, remained seated and enjoying his food at all times, and this fact is what really surprised Internet users.Wow fight In kens kebab pic.twitter.com/WcvGgE2kqY– Beth Deakin? (@xbethdeakin) January 11, 2020The calm reaction of this man has taken all the prominence of the video and many users have created their own memes as a result. Some people compared the men in the fight with personal problems, such as depression or anxiety, and Chris as themselves when facing them. Others decided to equate each of the characters in the video with the current political situation and baptized Chris as Africa and the men in the fight as Iran, USA. and Europe.last_img read more

There has been a 94 drop in child begging cases being reported

first_imgTHERE HAS BEEN a huge reduction in the number of  sightings of children and young people begging in Dublin city centre.Leanbh, which is an ISPCC service which aims to stop child begging, revealed to TheJournal.ie that sightings have decreased by 94% in the last 14 years from 1999 to 2013.The charity received 2,938 reported sightings of children begging in 1999.That figure reduced to 182 last year. There have been 30 sighting reported so far this year.Here’s a breakdown on the number of sightings reported to Leanbh since 1997. Source: Leanbh via ISPCCAn anonymous child who was helped by Leanbh said, “They talked to me and my parents about the dangers of being on the streets and about the importance of education. They helped me find a school, they also helped me improve my literacy skills and get the uniform and the school books.The ISPCC says that begging has a negative impact on health and emotional well-being of a child, adding that it is associated with neglect and is almost always detrimental to a young person’s education or even literacy.The ISPCC warns that giving money is not the answer to child begging.“Child begging includes children begging alone and adults begging with children or babies either on the street or door to door.“Children begging may be at risk of emotional, physical and sexual abuse.Giving money increases the chances of child begging on a regular basis and does not address the root cause of begging.Instead the charity recommends giving food or a hot drink, talking to gardaí and contacting the ISPCC.“If you have an ongoing concern about a particular child, you can also contact the Health Service Executive (HSE).”Leanbh can be contacted on 01-2342009 or 087 0625198Read: If you see children begging on the street, the ISPCC want you to report it>last_img read more