Email Linkedin NewsLocal NewsUp to 100 children carers in LimerickBy admin – August 9, 2012 648 Advertisement Facebook UP to 100 Limerick children under the age of 15, are carers for a relative. An estimated 60 children are acting as carers in county Clare. Caring for Carers, the organisation which represents 109 carers’ groups across the country, has identified 4,288 carers under the age of 15 nationally, using the latest figures from the Census. Of these, statistics suggest that around 100 are based in Limerick city and county. Mary McMahon, CEO of Caring for Carers says this is the likely figure but stressed that the objective is to identify them as individuals so they can be offered support.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “The problem is that they are not always visible because they often don’t think of themselves as carers,” Mary told the Limerick Post.“We have raised the issue with the schools because teachers may become aware of them. If students seem to be under pressure, maybe they are falling behind in schoolwork because they are tired or because of pressures at home”.Pointing out that in neighbouring Clare where the organisation has its headquarters, there are 60 children in this position, she welcomed the new National Carers Strategy.“As far back as 1988 the Department of Health expressed its desire to enable older people to live with dignity and to be cared for as long as possible in their own homes and 24 years on, the Government has produced a strategy that we feel provides the framework,” she said. However, Renee Geary of the Limerick branch of Caring for Carers, said that while the evidence is there in the census, her group has not encountered carers in the age group of under 15 .According to the care group, the youngsters may simply be taking on more housework because there is a disabled or elderly person in the home or they may have a bigger share of duties – for instance, if the person in need of care is a parent who requires bathing or feeding. “There are a lot of people who don’t identify as carers because they are caring for a family member or a spouse. They just see it as being their duty,” concluded Renee. Twitter WhatsApp Print Previous articleEleven deaths on farms this year lead to call for vigilanceNext articleMayor asked to take 50% cut admin
Data in doubt in CRB launch delayOn 19 Jun 2001 in Personnel Today Comments are closed. Concern about the reliability of the data in the Criminal Records Bureaumeans that employers will be unable to run staff checks until the autumn, sayHome Office sources. The launch of the CRB was originally scheduled for July 2001 but has beendelayed, according to Computer Weekly. The postponement will give the Government time to iron out difficulties inthe system, which relies on data from the Police National Computer to check outjob applicants. Earlier this year, a report from the Home Affairs Select Committee foundthat up to two-thirds of PNC data contained errors. Dianah Warman, the CIPD’s adviser on equal opportunities, said, “Thedelay will give employers the chance to get their acts together in terms ofrecruitment procedures, and they will be able to act responsibility.” www.crb.gov.uk Related posts:No related photos. Previous Article Next Article
The University named valedictorian Caleb “C.J.” Pine and salutatorian José Alberto Suárez in a press release Wednesday.Pine — an Arabic and peace studies major with a minor in philosophy, politics and economics (PPE) — is a member of the Glynn Family Honors program, the Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society and is a Hesburgh-Yusko Scholar at Notre Dame. He was also named a Truman Scholar and Gilman Scholar, currently holds a 3.92 cumulative grade point average (GPA) and is a four-year member of the Dean’s List.While at Notre Dame, Pine helped found both the student advocacy group Solidarity with Syria and the nonprofit organization Road to Mafraq, which “seeks to increase access to education for children impacted by conflict in the Middle East, specifically supporting Syrian and Iraqi refugees living in Jordan,” according to the press release.Suárez, another Hesburgh-Yusko Scholar and four-year member of the Dean’s List, is a computer science and engineering major with a 4.00 cumulative GPA. He was also a member of University honor societies Tau Beta Pi, Upsilon Pi Epsilon and Eta Kappa Nu. Suárez served as a resident assistant in Keenan Hall and as president of the Student International Business Council during his time at Notre Dame.Pine will deliver the valedictory address during the Commencement ceremony on May 21 at Notre Dame Stadium.Tags: Commencement 2017, salutatorian, valedictorian
Credit unions have all kinds of problems to solve. They must figure out how to protect their reputations by safeguarding member and organizational data. They must find ways to compete with a whole host of financial industry players for consumers’ business. They must find the delicate balance of being conservative enough to stay solvent in this tenuous economy, while still having the right mindset for taking the risks required to get the tech they need to serve members.Fortunately, CUs don’t have to go it alone. Fintechs and other industry vendors can be among credit unions’ allies in solving such key problems as how to:1. Prevent FraudThe need for stronger fraud management has never been more apparent than during the COVID-19 pandemic, when the number of card-not-present transactions accelerated. ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr This post is currently collecting data… This is placeholder text continue reading »
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A 20-year-old Glen Cove man fatally drowned at Indian Island County Park in Riverhead on Tuesday evening, Suffolk County police said.Riverhead town police and Suffolk County Park Police officers responded and went to the park, located off of Route 105, after a 911 caller reported that a man had been pulled from the beach that runs along the Peconic River at 5:20 p.m., authorities said.Beachgoers started CPR on Brian Nolan before he was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center in Riverhead, where he was pronounced dead. The Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office will perform an autopsy to determine his cause of death.Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation, but noted that the incident does not appear to be criminal in nature.
– Advertisement –
New Delhi: The application for the post of the India women’s cricket team coach has seen plenty of twists and turns. The likes of Manoj Prabhakar and Herschelle Gibbs, who have been accused of match-fixing, are several applicants but the conundrum has deepened even further with Ramesh Powar, whose tenure was not renewed after India’s exit in the semi-final of the ICC Women’s World T20 in the West Indies, has reapplied for the post after getting strong support from India women’s skipper Harmanpreet Kaur. Speaking to PTI, Powar confirmed that he had applied. “”Yes, I have applied this evening because Smriti (Mandhana), Harmanpreet (Kaur) have supported me and I can’t let them (the girls) down by not applying,” said Powar.During the ICC Women’s World T20 semi-final, the team management including Powar and Harmanpreet dropped Mithali Raj, triggering a massive controversy. After returning home from the West Indies, Mithali went on to accuse Powar and COA member Diana Edulji of trying to destroy her and being biased against her. Powar, on his part, accused Mithali of threatening to retire midway into the World T20 after being denied the opening slot and creating chaos in the team. Following the controversy, the BCCI decided to invite fresh applications for the post and set the application deadline for December 14. Harmanpreet and Smriti have already said that they want Powar to continue while Mithali is against his return. Even the Committee of Administrators, comprising Vinod Rai and Diana Edulji, are at loggerheads over the women’s coach appointment.Read More | Gautam Gambhir farewell – When tension was dispelled in stylePoisoned chalice of women’s coachingFollowing the exit of Powar, there have been several names that have cropped up in the application for the post. However, one name that has garnered the most controversy is Manoj Prabhakar, who was banned for five years following the match-fixing scandal in 2000. What confounds the situation even more is that Prabhakar’s interview will be conducted by a panel headed by Kapil Dev, Anshuman Gaekwad and Shantha Rangaswamy.Read More | Adelaide, Johannesburg and Trent Bridge: India’s common gloryFrom their playing days till the match-fixing controversy 2000, acrimony between Prabhakar and Kapil is well known in Indian cricket circles. Following the scandal, Prabhakar had written in a column that named the player who offered him money to underperform to a ‘big gun’ in the government. But Prabhakar refused to name him in a public forum. However, IS Bindra, the former president of the BCCI, said Prabhakar had taken Kapil’s name. In an interview to the BBC, Kapil broke down and wept bitterly when asked about the allegations of matchfixing.Even the name of Gibbs, the former South Africa opening batsmen, is certain to draw some negative attention. Gibbs was handed a six-month ban for his involvement in the match-fixing saga but recently on his Twitter handle, Gibbs confirmed he had applied for the post of India women’s coach. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.