Written by John Cameron Mitchell and directed by Michael Mayer, Hedwig and the Angry Inch tells the story of a fictional rock ‘n’ roll band, fronted by Hedwig, a transgender woman from communist East Berlin. Between rock songs, Hedwig regales the audience with both humorous and painful stories about her life, including her botched sex change operation. The score by Stephen Trask features “Tear Me Down,” “Wig in a Box,” “Wicked Little Town,” “The Origin of Love,” “Angry Inch” and more.. View Comments Glitter will remain part of Michael C. Hall’s working world for just a little bit longer! The Golden Globe winner has extended his limited engagement in the Tony-winning revival of Hedwig and the Angry Inch and will now play through January 18, 2015 at Broadway’s Belasco Theatre. Hall had previously been set to depart the the production on January 4, 2015. Casting for the next Hedwig will be announced in the coming weeks—there have been rumors that creator and original star John Cameron Mitchell will be returning to the role. The production also starts Tony winner Lena Hall as Yitzhak. Although Hall was most recently seen on stage in the Will Eno play The Realistic Joneses, he first made a name for himself in Broadway musicals, taking on the Emcee in Cabaret in 1999 and portraying Billy Flynn in Chicago in 2002. Off-Broadway, his credits include Mr. Marmalade, Cymbeline, Macbeth, Timon of Athens, Henry V, The English Teachers, Corpus Christi, Romeo and Juliet and Skylight. Hall is best known for playing serial killer Dexter Morgan in Showtime’s Dexter, earning one Golden Globe Award from five nominations and six Emmy Award nods. Other screen credits include HBO’s Six Feet Under and the films Cold in July and Kill Your Darlings. Related Shows Show Closed This production ended its run on Sept. 13, 2015 Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Governor announces Career Readiness ProgramOrientation for the first class in Burlington on December 8th and 9thMontpelier, VT (December 3, 2008)- Governor Jim Douglas announced today a new workforce readiness training program to be offered state-wide through the Community College of Vermont (CCV). The program will initially help up to 450 Vermonters participate in basic work skills training over the next 18 to 24 months.”In these difficult economic times, it is even more critical that we prepare our workforce for the challenges of a changing economy,” said Governor Jim Douglas. “Innovative initiatives such as this career readiness program can lend a helping hand to Vermonters as they face transitions in employment,” said Governor Douglas.The Departments of Labor and Economic Development have partnered with the Community College of Vermont (CCV) to offer the CCV Career Readiness Certificate. The program is being made available through local Department of Labor offices and conducted at CCV’s ten regional locations. The first section will be offered in Burlington at CCV’s downtown campus beginning in early January.According to Labor Commissioner Patricia Moulton Powden, “We expect this certificate program will go a long way in helping unemployed and underemployed Vermonters improve their work skills and employability and help employers reduce turnover. The program is an opportunity to assess work skills and address areas needing improvement. We believe this will help build a stronger workforce.”The Commissioner added “By offering the certificate program state-wide, we hope to assist every region with workforce development.”Participants will be trained in six areas – mathematics, reading for information, teamwork, work ethics, and computer skills. What makes this program unique is that each participant’s skills will be assessed before starting the program, and they will then work on the specific areas where they need the most help.”This program is a stepping stone to a new or better job for employees and provides a meaningful credential for Vermont employers to use in their hiring process,” explained CCV Provost Joyce Judy. She added, “It uses the best of CCV’s experience in providing educational access to all Vermonters.”Also unique to Vermont is the certificate’s use of the nationally recognized WorkKeys assessment tool. WorkKeys was developed by ACT, a national organization known for college readiness testing.The WorkKeys assessment provides a score which enables the participant and employer to compare an employee’s score with specific job occupations. According to WorkKeys, over thirteen thousand job profiles have been assessed and are available for participant comparison. In this way, an employee or job-seeker can compare their current skills with a job they are seeking – and know where they may need to improve.Participants can expect to attend classes twice a week for three to four hours per class. Classes may last six to twelve weeks, depending on local scheduling needs. Computer labs will be available to do homework and customized lessons. At the end of the training, CCV will award the Career Readiness Certificate to those who successfully complete all six areas of training.The program is free to participants and funded by the Vermont Departments of Labor and Economic Development.The first class is being offered in Burlington starting in January. Participants should attend an orientation session at the Vermont Department of Labor, 63 Pearl Street, Burlington, on Monday, December 8th at 10 a.m., 2 p.m. or 6 p.m. or Tuesday, December 9th, 10 a.m. or 2 p.m.For further information about the Burlington orientation call VDOL at 802-863-7676All job seekers, employed or unemployed are welcome. For more information about classes contact the local Department of Labor office or call (802) 828-4000.###
Germany’s pension insolvency vehicle, the Pensions-Sicherungs-Verein (PSVaG), has for the first time since its inception in 1975 set the contribution rate for companies to 0 per thousand.Because so few insolvencies were reported this year, the PSVaG will not have to take on pension liabilities from companies in financial trouble.The PSVaG also waived its right to set advance payments for 2017 but added that it would review this decision early next year.The PSVaG said there were other factors that led to its decision to set the rate at 0 per thousand, down from the 2.4 per thousand (0.24%) the companies had to pay from their on-book pension reserves last year. It pointed out that it had received surplus payments from the life insurance group that is paying out the pensions taken on by the PSVaG on behalf of insolvent companies.Further, some funds had come in from insolvency claims, and there is still €782m in the fund from last year’s contributions.According to German law, all companies with on-book pension reserves and DBOs have to pay a part of their pension assets into the PSVaG.Currently about 94,400 companies are members of the PSVaG, with pension assets amounting to around €333bn.Companies with Pensionskassen are exempt, as they are insurance-based.For setting up or joining a Pensionsfonds, companies get a discount of 20% on their PSVaG contributions.The long-term average contribution rate stands at 2.8 per thousand (0.28%).
OSBORN, Mo. – With Modified Madness in the rear view mirror, the IMCA divisions racing for track championships continue the battle this Friday, May 29 at U.S. 36 Raceway. IMCA Modifieds, IMCA RaceSaver Sprint Cars, IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars and Karl Kustoms NorthernSportMods are all set to hit the high banks. The pit gates open at 4 p.m. The grandstands open at 6 p.m., with hot laps at 7:30 and the first heat race at 8 p.m. Tickets for the event are $15. Seniors and military are $12 and children 12 and younger are free. A pit pass is $35. Social distancing guidelines remain in place at U.S. 36 Raceway and those are available at http://www.us36racewaydirttrack.com/news/?i=82363.
Last season, Crawford played for the Minnesota Timberwolves before opting out of the final year of his contract in June because he was reportedly unhappy with his role. When he still was looking for a team last week, his former Clippers teammates Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan took to Twitter to express their support for the dynamic combo-guard.“I’m just wondering who’s going to luck up and sign 3-Time 6th Man of the Year winner @JCrossover. Insane he isn’t signed yet!!!” wrote Jordan, now of the Dallas Mavericks.Griffin, traded last season by the Clippers to the Detroit Pistons, echoed that sentiment, quoting Jordan’s tweet and adding: “Say it louder for the people in the back!!!!”Related Articles What the Clippers are saying the day after Luka Doncic’s game-winner tied series, 2-2 “Wes is a versatile player and a consummate professional who impacts the game on both ends of the court, and brings a strong, positive presence to the locker room,” President of Basketball Operations Lawrence Frank said in a statement. “We want to thank Wes for his contributions to the Clippers organization, and wish him, and his family, the best of luck in New Orleans.” Kristaps Porzingis ruled out as Clippers, Mavericks set for Game 5; Follow for game updates CRAWFORD SIGNS WITH SUNSReports surfaced just before practice started in Playa Vista that Jamal Crawford, long a fan favorite among the Clippers faithful, finally found a home with the Phoenix Suns, his eighth team in 19 NBA seasons. According to ESPN, Crawford reached a one-year agreement worth $2.4 million.Rivers was happy to hear it: “It took him a long time to get signed, and he’s gonna go with Phoenix, which is probably a good place for him. I know one thing, he loved basketball and he has a great basketball IQ, so you’d think he should be in the league, for sure.”With the Suns, Crawford, 38, brings needed depth at the guard position, and he could be counted on to serve as a veteran mentor to Phoenix’s young franchise player, Devin Booker.In his five seasons with the Clippers, Crawford averaged 15.3 points per game and was awarded two of his three the Sixth Man of the Year awards, in 2014 and 2015. “There will be a good player or two that won’t be with us (when the season starts),” Clippers coach Doc Rivers said last week. “I think every guy on our roster is an NBA player. Unfortunately, we have too many of them, so we’re going to have to make a tough decision.” Evans, 22, averaged 4.8 points and 2.1 assists in 48 games as a rookie for the Clippers last season. PLAYA VISTA — At the buzzer on Monday, the Clippers trimmed their roster to 15 from 17 by waiving guard Jawun Evans and trading Wesley Johnson to the New Orleans Pelicans for Alexis Ajinca, whom they promptly waived.The time-sensitive trade required Johnson and Ajinca – both in the final year of their contracts – to complete all the necessary trade paperwork and undergo physicals before the NBA’s 2 p.m. deadline for roster finalizations.Ajinca’s $5.3 million contract and Evans’ $1.4 deal will count against the Clippers’ salary cap, but the Pelicans – who bolster their wing depth with the veteran Johnson – will be responsible for Johnson’s $6.1 million.Johnson, 31, signed a three-year, $18 million deal with the Clippers in 2016. He was the longest tenured of the Clippers, entering his fourth season with the team. Last season, he averaged 5.4 points, 2.9 rebounds and 20.1 minutes per game, logging the fourth-most minutes on an injury-depleted squad. Clippers hope they can play to their capabilities, quell Mavericks’ momentum Clippers vs. Mavericks Game 5 playoff updates from NBA beat reporters For Lakers’ LeBron James, Jacob Blake’s shooting is bigger issue than a big Game 4 victory “We had a productive and very competitive training camp and preseason, and all of our players deserve to be on the team,” Frank said. “As difficult as these decisions can be, we are very proud of this group and excited to begin the season with them.“Jawun is a highly competitive, intelligent player who worked extremely hard this summer and throughout camp. We are grateful for Jawun’s contributions to the Clippers and wish him the absolute best moving forward.”BALLMER PAYS RESPECT TO ALLENSoon after the news broke Monday that Microsoft co-founder and Portland Trailblazers CEO Paul Allen died at 65 from complications of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, Clippers owner Steve Ballmer paid his respects to his former Microsoft colleague.“Paul was a truly wonderful, bright and inspiring person — and a great friend. I will miss him,” Ballmer tweeted.Ballmer, whose tenure at Microsoft began in 1980, served as the company’s CEO from January 2000 to February 2014. Allen co-founded Microsoft with Bill Gates in 1975 before leaving the company in 1983 after he was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s disease. Allen also owned the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error