To celebrate and showcase South Australia’s multiculturalism, up to 70 community groups are set to come together at this year’s Multicultural Festival.The culturally diverse event will feature everything from music and dance, to arts, crafts and culinary delights.Any multicultural community groups or organisations that would like to participate in the 2019 Multicultural Festival through a performance, activity or stall are being encouraged to apply through the event’s Grant Program.The grants support eligible multicultural community groups to participate and showcase their rich and diverse culture and customs with the wider community.There are three categories of grants available: Performance (grants of up to $500), Activity (grants of up to $500) and Stall (grants of up to $250).Applications close on Friday 14 June, 2019 at 5.00 pm.Further details about this year’s Multicultural Festival will be announced soon.Complete your online application today at www.multicultural.sa.gov.auFor more information contact the Multicultural Grants Team on 1300 239 468 or email [email protected] Facebook Twitter: @NeosKosmos Instagram
Facebook Twitter: @NeosKosmos Instagram Widow Viktoria Karida spoke on Greek national television about losing her Greek Australian husband John Macris, who was murdered in Voula, south of Athens. The interview was the first time that the model spoke about the murder that took place in the affluent coastal suburb last year.During the interview with SKAI hostess Tatiana Stefanidou, Karida appeared heartbroken and said she has not yet come to terms with her partner’s death.“I have kept his clothes and from time to time I wear them so that I can smell him on me. I dream of him and every night I leave a piece of dark chocolate next to our bed, as that was his favourite, and I still think he is with us,” she said.The model, in tears throughout the whole interview, also said that she feels her husband Macris is always watching over their children although “they still can’t understand why their daddy is not coming back”.READ MORE: Greek police look at whether former bikie boss car bomb was ordered by Australian connectionsKarida explained how hard it is to “not break down”, stating that she knows that her husband would want her to stay strong for the kids.When asked if she would move to Australia with her children, Karida said that she faces a dilemma about leaving Greece and moving closer to her in-laws. “There are times when I think I need to leave this house and leave behind the bad memories of the night Giannis was murdered but at the same time, I feel that this is our family home and I want to stay here because all of our memories are here. So I really don’t know what I will end up doing,” she said.
Facebook Twitter: @NeosKosmos Instagram Heading to Santorini? There’s one more thing to add to your must see list – the Lost Atlantis Experience Museum.A private initiative located near the village of Megalohori, it is the world’s first museum dedicated to the famous lost city, and opened its doors on the Greek island last month.Santorini is a fitting location, given it is one of the locations in the Mediterranean where it is alleged the lost city may have been located. The theory is that between the 17th and 16th centuries BC, the Thera eruption caused a huge tsunami, swallowing the lost city.The idea does seem to have some grounding in the writings of Plato who claimed that the mythical city was submerged into the ocean, after falling out of favour with the gods.READ MORE: Akrotiri’s link to AtlantisVisitors are given the chance to explore all these ideas at the museum. Situated in a unique building, it is fitted out with the latest interactive technology. 9D virtual reality, 3D holograms and dioramas mean visitors can experience everything from the island’s volcanic eruption and earthquake, to the tsunami.For more information, visit https://www.lost-atlantis.com/READ MORE: PETA activists protest against mistreatment of Santorini’s donkeys
Facebook Twitter: @NeosKosmos Instagram An unidentified 27-year-old man has confessed to the murder of molecular biologist Suzanne Eaton, 59, of California. The German-based American scientist of the Max Planck Institute was in Crete for a conference when she went missing on 2 July and found dead in a bunker on 8 July.Over the weekend, Greek police questioned 10 possible suspects following DNA evidence that pointed to these individuals, all of them local. After several hours of interrogation, the suspect allegedly confessed to the murder. Reports point to a man from Kissamos, who had been travelling through the area when he intentionally hit Eaton with his car.READ MORE: Greek police question last people who saw American scientist Suzanne Eaton aliveThe coroner found other wounds that suggest a struggle before Eaton was killed and dumped in a bunker. The reports revealed that it was a slow death with multiple stab wounds, though suffocation was the cause of death. Eaton’s body will be flown to Frankfurt before heading to the United States for burial.